Why landscape is important?January 23, 2024
Will landscaping increase my home value?
Landscaping your property before listing it for sale can be a smart move. A well-maintained and attractive landscape can create a great first impression for potential buyers and help to stand out from other properties on the market. Many studies have shown that houses with professionally designed landscape can add 10% or more to the value of a home. Top Garden, a team of landscape experts who can transform your property’s outdoor space into breathtaking environment. In this blog, we’ll detail a few methods through which landscaping can increase your home value.
1. Planting Trees
Trees are always a favourite and people will pay more to be in a well-established tree lined street. Especially mature trees, it can add,
- Colour to a dull looking garden, driveway, or walkway.
- Privacy to the property’s surroundings and increases the valuation.
- Improve air quality, reduce water runoff, and trap carbon dioxide.
Carefully planning and selecting the appropriate tree for planting is crucial, as otherwise it could result in more inconvenience than benefit. Our speciality is to craft innovative planting plans to match the owner’s preferred style.
Decks are a great investment for any property, it’s a must have for any homeowner in New Zealand. Deck is a valuable for the quality of life that it brings, as well as the financial gains.
- It expands the usable space of a property.
- Perfect entertainment space for gatherings and during summer period.
- An area to place outdoor décor such as potted plants and garden sculptures.
- Adds another layer of aesthetics to the entire structure of the property.
Selecting which timber to use, designing its shape and pattern is not an easy task but it can be made simple if you’re guided by industry professionals. Our expert designers and installers can create decking solutions that meet your unique needs.
3. Retaining Wall
Another way to increase property valuation is to improve landscaping with retaining wall. Retaining wall are especially popular among homeowners who have slopes and elevated areas in their backyard.
- Prevents of soil erosion and slows down the rate at which water runs over the surface.
- Creates a functional space in the garden area.
- Boost the aesthetic appeal to the property.
Retaining wall come in all types, shapes, and sizes. From simple gravity retaining walls to pile walls and reinforced soil walls, not only does it serve as a practical solution, but we can also design and build it with style to complement the overall landscape at Top Garden.
4. Concrete Driveways
Being able to park right outside your front door is a huge perk for any homeowners. By investing in concrete driveway, you’re not just improving the functionality of the property; it’s enhancing the overall appeal and bring other benefits making it more enticing to potential buyers.
- Concrete driveways offer a range of finishes to suit the property’s landscape.
- Increase the amount of parking space on the property.
- Brings durability and longevity for parking heavier loads such as caravan or boats.
- Extremely low maintenance to save the homeowner time, money, and stress.
If your property is situated where parking is scarce, near the main roads, or already have a well-designed landscape that needs a path to blend in seamlessly, speak with our designers to pave the way on your property to elevate the look and valuation of your home.
These are a few examples that investing in well-planned and designed landscaping, not only elevate the beauty of the property but also reap the benefits of increase market value. If you are a homeowner looking to put your property on the market and need assistance to increase the sale price, contact us for more information. At Top Garden, we work with our clients to transform the outdoor space into a captivating area to reflect their vision and lifestyle. Check our Facebook Page or Instagram for more.
Ready to transform your property?